Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hockey Talk

Count me among those who are stunned by the Ottawa Senators' three games to nothing lead in the Eastern (Wales!) Conference final over the suddenly inept Buffalo Sabres. Yes, I know that the Sabres haven't been clicking on all cylinders so far in the playoffs, but the fact of the matter is that these teams have now played a little over 10 periods of hockey in their series, and Ottawa has been the better team in nine of them. While I hesitate to say that the series is over, you know that the end can't be far off when the team on the bad end of the 3-0 series is reduced to whining about the officiating.

Out west (in the CAMPBELL Conference), Anaheim and Detroit are knotted up at a game apiece, with the pivotal Game Three tonight. So far, I have not really been impressed by either team. I think that for the Ducks to win the series, they really need to win both games at home. Regardless, I can see the series going at least six games.

No comments: