You want to know what's coming this summer, or if not this summer then soon after? Here is what's in the cards in the Middle East: http://www.upi.com/International_Intelligence/Analysis/2007/07/09/commentary_israel_and_hezbollah_round_2/7836/. Israel is in an existential war. Right now that war is in a cold phase, but that cannot last forever.
So, the questions I have are:
1) Will Israel finish the job this time?
2) Will the world stop Israel from doing what it must?
3) Will Iran officially get involved, especially if their Hezbollah and Syrian proxies appear headed for defeat?
4) Will the U.S. intervene if Israel appears to be headed for defeat?
5) Will Israel use nuclear weapons if it appears that it is being defeated?
6) Will the Olmert government survive the war?
6) Will the Saudis and Egyptians get involved?
7) Will Hamas open a second (third?) front from Gaza?
8) Will the "Boycott Israel" movement gain or lose energy once the fighting begins?
9) What will Russia and China do?
10) Will al Qaeda or its affiliates take advantage of the situation to launch terrorist attacks in the West, and what form would those attacks take?
11) Will Pakistan get involved in any Middle East conflict?
I don't have the answers to these questions. If any of my readers do, I would welcome them...............