Sunday, April 22, 2007

Why I hate the New York Times

We have all come to expect anti-Israel, anti-American propaganda out of what is still considered the leading newspaper in the United States. This is why I very rarely read it. However, my business meetings this weekend had me staying at a hotel which provided me with a free copy each day. This morning's paper showed again why I hate the paper. The Sunday New York Times is still, I believe, the most widely read newspaper in the entire country, and the "Week in Review" section is the most widely read section. As I was flipping through it, on page 10, was a full page ad/solicitation for the Council on National Interest, the rabidly anti-Israel, anti-Semitic "think tank". The ad/solicitation further encouraged Nancy Pelosi to follow up on her visit to Damascus with one to Tehran, though FIRST it advocated an end to "Israeli Apartheid in Palestine". Unbelievable. Apparently, the powers-that-be at the New York Times must have felt as though running this ad met the definition of free speech. That was not the end of it. On page 13, everyone's favourite America-hater, Tony Judt, has an Op-Ed singing the praises of Jacques Chirac.

And then the Times wonders why it is hemorrhaging readers................

No comments: