Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Don Imus, Part Two

My thanks to Pam at Atlas Shrugs for reminding me of this story: http://www.forward.com/articles/imus-cbs-bosses-money-grubbing-jews/. You see, Don Imus doesn't just insult African Americans. He insults EVERYONE. He is who he is. Racially-offensive remarks are nothing new to the guy. Yet, strangely, I don't recall hearing anyone in the MSM screeching that he should be fired, or advertisers pulling their ads from his show, when he made his comments about Jews. Just saying.......................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BHG,

Just because Imus insults everyone, doesn't excuse him for his comments about the Rutgers Basketball team. For me personally, his comments crossed the line and caused me to say, enough is enough, he should be fired. I can't say why for sure that particular comment caused that type of reaction in me (maybe because the rutgers women basketball team never did anything to him and I felt it was deplorable that he should cheapen everything they accomplished this season). Also, the problem with the rap community is a related, yet separate problem and just because they rap community hasn't been called to task (yet) on it's objectification of women, doesn't mean everyone else has a free pass to make derogatory remarks about women. I'm not happy that Imus was fired, but felt like it was time to make a stand and say enough is enough. Besides, we all know he'll eventually get a satellite radio deal, where he can continue to spew is racist remarks.