Wednesday, April 25, 2007

10 Songs I love

Some obscure, some not so obscure, some very lame (mea culpa maxima), some hopefully not so lame. Editor's disclaimer: These are in no particular order, and the list does not include all of my favourite songs!

1) Calling all Angels -Train
2) Bad (live) - U2
3) Forever Young - Alphaville
4) Layla (original, full length version) - Derek and the Dominoes
5) Fly at Night - Chilliwack
6) Closer to Home/I'm Your Captain - Grank Funk Railroad
7) Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
8) Action - Streetheart
9) Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
10) Breathe - Anna Nalick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting list, Ian. Bad (live) and Layla (original) are definitely on my top 10 list too. Some of your other choices are surprising, shall we say. Mr. Jones?? Who will remember it in 10 year? Behind Blue Eyes is okay but I can easily think of a couple of better Who songs. Who outside Canada knows about Chilliwack? And Calling All Angels? Drops of Jupiter is way better (despite being overplayed), and even that wouldn't make my top 10.

Bald Headed Geek said...

Music tastes are incredibly subjective. What you like, I might not, and the converse is obviously true as well. As well, for me, when I like a song it is as much about the memories I associate with the song as it is about the song itself. So, while Calling all Angels may not be a true "classic", it reminds me of a wonderful vacation with two good friends, which is why I love it.

P.S. The fact that someone might never have heard of Chilliwack or Fly at Night matters not at all to me. It's still a great tune!

BHG