Wednesday, April 11, 2007

We've done Damascus. Now, let's visit Teheran!

Congressman Tom Lantos, an outspoken supporter of Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's trip to Damascus (I still can't over that shot of her wearing the Hijab. I just can't.), is now advocating a trip to Iran. See the link below for the story. I have to ask, "Is Lantos living on the same planet as me?" He can't be this clueless, can he? What is with Democrats and their bizarre desire to constantly visit with and support this country's enemies? Don't give me the "We talked to the Soviets" argument. It's not at all the same thing. For one, the USSR, evil though its government may have been, was rational in the sense that it did not want either itself or its country to die (hence the concept of "Mutually Assured Destruction"). For another, the Soviets weren't--at least as far as I can recall--actively proclaiming their intention to kill off (by way of analogy) all Poles, or Czechs, or Germans, as Iran is doing with Israel. I have to think that JFK is weeping in his grave at what has become of his party.......................

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/10/BAGV9P6C0S6.DTL

No comments: