Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm tired of this story

If you're a sports fan, then there is no way that you have been able to avoid the incessant chatter on both national sports networks (ESPN) or local sports talk radio on the interminable Brett Favre story: http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10895939. Will he stay retired? Will he come back? Where will he come back if he does? Will the Packers let him go? It goes on and on and on..........

To all of this, I say "ENOUGH"! While I am of the opinion that Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, he is also yet another self-absorbed athlete who can't imagine the NFL or sports world getting along without him. Sorry, Brett, I hate to break it you, but the league and even (gasp!) the Packers WILL survive without you. His dithering has left the Packers in a very difficult situation, and I have no sympathy for him. None.

No comments: