Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day

This is my first Fourth of July as an American citizen, and I welcome it with a sense of awe and humility. No, I don't think that I'm overstating the point at all. This country has provided me with a wonderful home for the last 17 years, and I am grateful for all that it has given me. I only hope that I can give back something in return, and I will do my best to fulfill that goal.

A special thank you on this holiday to all of the past, present and future members of our armed forces. Your sacrifice is always appreciated, and I hope that you have a peaceful and restful holiday, wherever you might be.

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

1 comment:

Serket said...

Congratulations on becoming an American citizen last year. Your views are appreciated.