Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ron Paul.....Ron Paul........Ron Paul............Ron Paul, Part Four

I know that I'm just inviting abuse from the Ron Paul supporters out there, but here I go again, anyway. I've blogged previously about how I perceive the Republican Presidential Candidate's policies as being isolationist. Some may disagree with that view, and that's fine. I have no problem when people disagree with me. The thing is, I can't seem to shake my impression that the Texas Congressman, if he isn't an anti-Semite, is certainly very cozy with those who are: http://www.jewcy.com/cabal/ron_pauls_jewish_problem.

Like the article asks, if a known neo-Nazi personally contributes money to your campaign, why is there is even a question that the money should be returned immediately?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always amused and confused by the insistence by so many who support the political status-quo to label Ron Paul as an "isolationist", given that he is espousing nothing more than dealing equitably and amiably with all other nations --- the "Golden Rule" writ large.

To label his proposed foreign policy "isolationist" is to automatically call the foreign policy of virtually every other nation in the world "isolationist" as well, which is patently absurd.

The only "isolationist" foreign policies that I see operating today are those of North Korea, and to an extent that of the Bush administration itself, which has isolated us from many allies and traditionally friendly nations with its arrogant unilateralism and bellicosity.

Serket said...

Have you ever heard of Gan Israel?

Richard Morchoe said...

Ah yes,

Another chickenhawk using the term "isolationist" to insult others.

The term Isolationist implies a narrow Fortress America outlook and is used as an epithet. The term Neutralist does not indicate someone hiding out from the world. No one calls the Swiss isolationists. The Wilsonian world view is old, tired and wrong. Our interventions have been less and less successful and now the failure can no longer be covered up.

I once was an internationalist. Stupidly so such that I enlisted during the Vietnam war. Okay, so your too old for basic training, fair enough. My good man, there are other jobs you could apply for in the war zone. It appears that we are having a hard time finding diplomats.

It is easy enough to blog, heck I do it too. Anything we say hear on the web costs us nothing here in comfortable America. Your Nov 8 post on isolationism and Ron Paul is a silly assertion.