Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Louise Arbour opens mouth, inserts foot (yet again)

Rarely do you see a supposed government official so at odds with the official policy of the government for which she supposedly worked. Louise Arbour, a fellow Canadian and a United Nations Commissioner on Human Rights, has endorsed an Arab State resolution which calls for the eliminations "of all forms of racism and Zionism": http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=621d0497-8ed7-4b74-a300-370b106faeb2.

Now, Arbour has never been a friend of Israel, but over the past two years or so, she has taken an ever higher profile in which she seeks to condemn any and all things Israeli. This is just the latest such act on her part. The irony here is that under Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Canada has become a fairly solid supporter of Israel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Geek, and thanks for enquiring after the Monkey Tennis Centre.

There's no big reason behind the lack of activity. I was very busy with work up until Christmas, then it was the holidays, and I just haven't got back into the swing of it yet. I only started around September, and it took me a lot of time and effort to do as much as I did - it doesn't come easy to me!

I'm still spending a lot of time reading blogs, and NRO, Weekly Standard and the like. I have started a few posts, but by the time I get my thoughts together things have moved on and I haven't posted. Basically I've just got out of the rhythm of posting and found it hard to get back to it.

Another factor is that a lot of the blogs I read are concentrating on the presidential race, and being a Brit I haven't felt it my place to tell Americans who to vote for, although I'm following the primaries with keen interest.

I do plan to start posting again soon, and once we know who the presidential candidates are I'll wade into that battle on the side of the Republican nominee!

I'll drop you a line when I get something up. In the meantime thanks for the VDH link – a great read, and some useful ammunition for future posts!

Thanks again – nice to know someone cares!