Saturday, May 17, 2008

Has it really been 10 years?

Ten years ago this coming Thursday (May 22), it will have been a full decade since one of my favourite tv shows of all-time, Seinfeld, went off the air. I really can't believe that it's been that long and to borrow an old cliche, it really does seem like it was "just yesterday". I can still spout off lines from the show ("No soup for you!"), and when you tie in the fact that Mrs. BHG and I left for Hawaii the next day, there are all sorts of emotions and thoughts running through my head right now.

A couple of other 10-year anniversaries from this year: One of my favourite movie comedies, There's Something about Mary, is also now a decade old, and was it really ten years ago that Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire captivated the Baseball world with their assault on Roger Maris' single-season home run record? Of course, we can pretty much be certain now that their home run totals were steroid-fueled, but at that time, it was a lot of fun..............

No comments: