Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yet another variation on an old theme

We've all received those e-mails from "government officials" and whatnot from Nigeria, asking us to help them transfer millions of dollars through our bank accounts. Well, here's a new version of that scam, this time supposedly coming from an American soldier serving in Iraq:

-----Original Message-----
From: Sgt. Mark Fitzgerald [mailto:sgt.fitzgerald15@yahoo.de]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:47 AM
To: "undisclosed-recipients:"@smtp.ksu.edu.sa
Subject: A Letter From Sgt. Mark Fitzgerald

Hello,
This mail will definitely be coming to you as a surprise, but i must crave your indulgence to introduce myself to you. I am Sgt. Mark Fitzgerald, an American soldier, currently serving in the third infantry division in Iraq.

I am in Kuwait on duty break. I and my partner, secretly moved some abandoned cash in a mansion belonging to the late president, Saddam Hussein and the total cash is 25million USD. As I write this letter to you, this box is with security firm in cash as I secretly moved it out
of Iraq to a security firm for deposit.

You don't have to be afraid of anything as no one else knows about this and everything is safe.
I would be pleased and grateful to you if you could assist us in receiving this box for us on our behalf as I will be heading back soon to camp in Iraq to join my Colleagues.

Of course, I will give you some money for your efforts. We have limited time now, kindly get back to me immediately. Moving the funds out of here is not going to be a problem as arrangements are being made towards that.

All I want from you is your trust and assurance that if the box gets to you, You can keep it in a safe place until our arrival. I have to stop here for now, as your response will determine our
subsequent correspondence.

Please do not expose us for security reasons.

In God we trust,
Sgt. Mark Fitzgerald,

---- Msg sent via KSU Webmail - http://atmail.com/

No comments: