Sunday, August 24, 2008

Followup to the "It's official: I'm a racist" blog entry

I had a great response from someone I know personally to this blog entry, and I thought that it was so great, it deserved its own entry. Here it is, unaltered except for the removal of names:

I know you know I am an African American, but the others on your distribution list may not. I wanted to preface my remarks with that qualifier because I don't want anyone to accuse me of having a white sheet over my head. Now that we have dispensed with that...

Weisberg is so astoundingly and insultingly wrong its surreal. What he fails to realize is that while some may reject Obama based on the color of his skin, to state unequivocally that would be the only reason for his defeat shows the kind of NYC/DC/LA/SanFran filter through which he sees the world.

It couldn't possibly be that Obama paper thin resume hardly qualifies him for leader of the US Senate let along leader of the free world. He likes to talk about his 'judgment' being a better attribute than 'experience'. Let's take a gander at that judgment, shall we? Do the names Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright and Tony Rezko ring a bell? How about being the only state senator in the IL Senate to stand up and oppose the'Baby Born Alive' bill? Regardless of your position on abortion, his position is to the left of the far left. Need I go on? I suspect those on this distribution list are sharp enough to get the point.

This is the second time Weisberg got under my skin. I believe this is the same guy who basically called Mitt Romney mentally unfit to serve as president because he is a member of the LDS Church. While I dont share Romney's faith, to question if a former CEO of one of the most successful venture capital firms in the country, wildly successful Olympic Games CEO, Harvard MBA and former Gov of MA is mentally fit to serve is the height of arrogance.

Weisberg is one of these far lefties who has so much assumed guilt over the plight of African Americans, that he wants to soothe his conscience by fawning over Barack Hussein Obama. Yes, I used his full name-sue me.

I might raise an eyebrow or two with this closing comment. I have never supported affirmative action/quotas before and I don't think we should be doing so to hire the CEO of the USA because it will make us feel better about slavery. This guy has never run anything larger than his Senate staff and we want to give hm the keys to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave? I hope we are smarter than geniuses like Weisberg.

No comments: