Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hellooooo, anyone listening?

Robert Mundell, Nobel Prize-winning economist is speaking. And to paraphrase the old E.F. Hutton commercial, when Mundell speaks, people listen. So, what's he saying now? Why, it's something that no Democrat or angry leftie wants to hear, which is that Bush 43 tax cuts need to be made permanent. IMMEDIATELY: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121400327981993375.html?mod=djemEditorialPage.

I know that Democrats don't want to talk about this. You see, in their world view, I'm rich. They ought to see my house, my mortgage, my credit card bills, etc., but despite all that, I'm stinkin' rich in their view. So, I should be taxed more. A lot more. Again, I'm no economist, but it seems logical to me that in a relatively weak economy where consumer spending is down, it is not smart or good fiscal policy to restrict even further the amount of money that people are spending. But, like I said, I'm no economist..................

No comments: