Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Miami drivers

I have always been a big fan of a good humour writer, and one of my favourites over the years has been Dave Barry, who still writes occasionally for the Miami Herald. Yesterday, he contributed this hysterical piece on Miami drivers, a subject that is near and dear to me given that I lived in Miami for three years: http://www.miamiherald.com/dave_barry/story/512599.html.

What I found particularly fascinating was that Miami is apparently introducing traffic circles to its driving world. Given that Miami drivers are already notorious for their complete lack of understanding of the rules of the road, that could make driving in the city even more fun than it already is!

1 comment:

Serket said...

I enjoy reading his articles also. I read some of his Peter Pan books. These are my two favorite lines from the article:

You're flowing along with the traffic, going either 80 or 30 miles an hour

That's how I would have driven when I was a young male idiot