Tuesday, April 8, 2008


Another over-reaction by another nitwit in the nation's school system. A Principal in Denver had a student suspended because the eight year old sniffed his Sharpie marker: http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=89333. Apparently, this dunce of a Principal wanted to send a message about substance abuse, but was completely ignorant of the fact that there is no possible way to get high by smelling a Sharpie. And, now all markers have been removed from the school.

These are the types of morons who are educating our children.


Anonymous said...

My understanding is that Sharpie markers can actually kill you. Check the Sharpie warning, it probably says as much. But sniffing one substance does lead to sniffing others--creates a trendy thing to do if allowed. We had problems with sniffing in the juvenile corrections facility I worked at and one kid went into a coma from it. The principal absolutely did the right thing--let the school use the non-toxic markers instead.

serket said...

And, now all markers have been removed from the school.

Wow that is really outrageous!