Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Idiocy

Another over-reaction by another nitwit in the nation's school system. A Principal in Denver had a student suspended because the eight year old sniffed his Sharpie marker: http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=89333. Apparently, this dunce of a Principal wanted to send a message about substance abuse, but was completely ignorant of the fact that there is no possible way to get high by smelling a Sharpie. And, now all markers have been removed from the school.

These are the types of morons who are educating our children.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

My understanding is that Sharpie markers can actually kill you. Check the Sharpie warning, it probably says as much. But sniffing one substance does lead to sniffing others--creates a trendy thing to do if allowed. We had problems with sniffing in the juvenile corrections facility I worked at and one kid went into a coma from it. The principal absolutely did the right thing--let the school use the non-toxic markers instead.

serket said...

And, now all markers have been removed from the school.

Wow that is really outrageous!