Monday, February 25, 2008

San Francisco Blogging, Part One

I arrived mid-afternoon, and was fortunate enough to find out upon arrival that my meeting today was canceled. So, I made the most of the limited time I had and took in the Fisherman's Wharf area, which I thought was very cool (aside from the two people walking behind me who were discussing how Fidel Castro was an "underrated leader", and how this country would have been better off if he were the president instead of President Bush). I then took a drive down Lombard Street, and all I can say is this; if you haven't seen this street live, you are definitely missing something. The view from my hotel room, which is in the Financial District, is amazing. I am looking over virtually the entire San Francisco Bay. I can see why those people who live here are so attached to the place, the politics notwithstanding. I have business meetings pretty much all of the next two days, and then fly back home on Thursday. However, somehow, someway, I am hoping to squeeze in a visit to Alcatraz. We'll see if that actually happens.

More later!

No comments: