Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Is it 1994 again?

Somebody pinch me. I feel like I have dropped into a time warp and emerged in 1994, because all I see on Fox News, MSNBC and CNN is O.J. Simpson. Can anyone explain to me why this is such a huge story? I suppose that it follows the Anna Nicole Smith story, or the ongoing obsession with Britney Spears, etc., etc.

Why do we care what these celebrities do? Does it really matter in any of our lives? We have Iran pursuing nuclear weapons, ongoing Islamofascist terror in Iraq and Afghanistan, a genocide in Darfur (history will judge us very, very harshly for our willful ignorance of what is happening in the Sudan), terror threats from Islamofascists around the world, and yet O.J. Simpson's actions are the lead story on all three cable news networks.

It's absolutely pathetic, if you ask me.

No comments: