Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ban Ki-Moon morphs into Kofi Anan

I guess that I shouldn't be surprised. Hamas either directly launches rockets against Israel from the Gaza Strip or encourages it. In the past few weeks a school has been hit as has a military base which caused almost 70 injuries. So, Tweedledee, I mean, Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, decides that Israel will impose limited economic sanctions against the Gaza Strip.

What does the U.N. Secretary General do? He immediately leaps into action and proclaims that Israel's actions would violate "international law": http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArtVty.jhtml?sw=ban+ki-moon&itemNo=905229. Now, what law is supposedly being violated is never specified by Moon, though I guess it's the law against defending yourself from neverending military attacks.

Reason #81,247,129,847,182 why I HATE the United Nations..............

No comments: