Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ignoring a horror

Maybe it is a cultural problem and not a religious problem, as some insist. I honestly don't know. What I do know that is that so-called "honour killings" continue to be limited to the Islamic faith: http://www.meforum.org/article/1988. You do not see them occurring in Catholic, or Buddhist, or Protestant, or Taoist or Jewish groups. You simply don't.

So........why doesn't this issue receive more attention? Why is it ignored by the MSM? Is this still MORE political correctness run amok, as I suspect is the case?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The links within the article are especially interesting, such as the 90 page report on Saudi website and education.

Serket said...

I find it odd that we skip the letter "E" in grading, although it allows "F" to stand for "fail." The closest "E" word I can think of is "end".