Monday, March 26, 2007

And thank YOU, Gary Bettman........

..............for almost completely killing off in the interest in the sport I love. Detroit is playing Anaheim right now, as I write this. These are arguably the two best teams in Hockey. It's a 1-0 game, which you figure would hold my interest. It isn't, which I why I am at my computer, writing this instead. The reason for my lack of interest? Every game is STILL a dull defensive struggle (especially of late), the ridiculous point inflation caused by awarding teams a point for an overtime or shootout loss (why does a team that loses 2-1 in OT or a shootout fare better than one which loses on a last second goal? It's idiotic.), overexpansion to too many cities/places that just don't care about the sport, goalies who look like Michelin Men and that's just for starters. I can--and will, unfortunately for all of you--go on at length about this in future posts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wise man once said, "A man who hits the crossbar with a slap shot, should try a wrist shot low to the blocker side"

Bald Headed Geek said...

Truly, words to live by.........

BHG