Sunday, June 17, 2007

President Bush...........Albatross?

I have to be honest, I am increasingly disappointed in President Bush, and it appears as though I am not the only one: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/jonathan_last/20070617_One_Last_Thing___After_Bush.html.

The fact of the matter is that he has become his father in terms of foreign policy, and and his "domestic agenda", to the extent that he seems to have one, seems to consist largely of pushing through an immigration plan that is opposed by a significant majority of Americans.

At one point, it was clear that President George W. Bush stood for something, whether or not people agreed with him. Now, he's a lame duck who has seemingly capitulated to his political adversaries............

2 comments:

Maggie Thornton said...

I share this disappointment. Along with the dismay at the immigration bill, I am shocked at who Condoleeza Rice has become...or always was.

Did Bush know she is of a true-blue, loyal State Department mind-set...that she would fit-in, rather than flesh-out, that hornet nest?

Many disappointments in an administration that has championed democracy and freedom of speech, stood up for the oppressed, gave unprecedent funds to fight AIDs around the world, instituted significant tax cuts and decreased debt - and now lies about "amnesty."

I agree that he is a lame duck - as are most Presidents at this point in their term...but he has really done some damage to the country and to the RNC.

Thinking about it is a bit like being shell-shocked (well, okay, I haven't been shell-shocked so I can't really compare).

I like your site and have added you to my blogroll. Thanks so much for the visit from RCP.

Maggie
Maggie's Notebook

Bald Headed Geek said...

Thanks for stopping by, Maggie, and I hope that you do so frequently!

Insofar as Condi is concerned, she is what she always was. However, it is the Bush 43 Administrations' metamorphosis into the Bush 41 Administration that has allowed her and her Arabist State Department philosophy to flourish.

Somewhere right now, James "F--- The Jews" Baker is smiling.

BHG