Friday, September 7, 2007

The forgotten hostages

Gilad Shalit, Ehud Goldwasser, Eldad Regev. Remember their names. It's been over a year since anyone heard any word from them, after their kidnappings by Palestinian and Hezbollah terrorists. And now, Hamas has denied a Red Cross request to see Shalit: http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/901645.html.

Is it just me, or does it strike anyone else as odd that their names never seem to cross the lips of either Ehud Olmert or Tzipi Livni. It's as if they don't exist. The Israeli government can NOT be allowed to just sweep them under the rug. Thank God for the blogosphere, or that's exactly what would happen.

2 comments:

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks for remembering!

Jack Steiner said...

I am not convinced that any of them are alive. I truly hope that I am wrong about this.

The reason that I question their status is because I think that Nasrallah and company would have provided some sort of footage of them for the sole purpose of trying to upset people.

I just don't see him avoiding an opportunity to gloat.