Sunday, March 9, 2014

I hate tree pollen

No, I mean that I REALLY hate tree pollen.  Yes, I know that trees use it to "procreate", but given what it does to my sinuses and my immune system in general, I have no choice but to hate it.  When the BHG family left the Garden State, I hoped that the tree pollen issues would improve.  Uh uh, not meant to be.  Turns out that North Florida has some of the same types of trees as New Jersey, and given that nothing ever really freezes or dies down here, those trees can happily pollenate all year long.  Woo hoo!

My Habs had a very rough trip to the Left Coast.  First, there was another futile offensive effort against the Los Angeles Kings, making for a 2-1 loss.  That was followed by a surprising but heartening 4-3 shootout win over top team in the West, Anaheim.  However, two one-sided losses (to Phoenix by a score of 5-2 and San Jose, by a score of 4-0) rounded out the road trip.  Basically, unless Montreal plays Anaheim, things don't look good for the Habs if they somehow make it to the Stanley Cup Finals.  My money is still on a repeat of last year's final, Chicago vs. Boston, with the same result.

Baseball season is just a few weeks away.  Last season, my Red Sox surprised everyone with their third World Series title in nine seasons.  I'm not expecting a repeat.  The team hasn't added anybody, while it has lost Jacoby Ellsbury and Stephen Drew.  The Evil Empire--I mean, the NY Yankees, added Ellsbury and Japanese ace pitcher Masahiro Tanaka, and they will also have a healthy Mark Teixeira this season. Bottom line, this is the Yankees' World Series to win, much as I hate to write that.

No comments: